PMP Exam Prep Study Notes
Project Integration Management
PEMBOK Guide Definition of Integration
- Integration includes processes and activities needed to identify, define, combine, unify, and coordinate various processes and project management activities within Project Management Process Groups.
The integration knowledge area involves all of the process groups. This is the only knowledge area that does this.
Develop Project Charter
- The process of developing a document that formally authorizes a project or a phase, and documenting initial requirements that satisfy the stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
Project Charter is an important document that summarizes the project and includes the following.
- Purpose or Justification
- High-level project description
- High-level project and product requirements
- Summary budget
- Summary milestone schedule
- Initial risks
- Projects objectives and success criteria
- Acceptance criteria
- Project Manager authority
Inputs to Develop Project Charter
- enterprise environmental factors
- organizational process assets
- project statement of work
- business case/contract
Tools and techniques
- expert judgement
- the expertise that any group or individual with specialized knowledge or training brings to the table that will benefit the project.
Key output of Develop Project Charter
- Project Charter
"Material in this blog post are based on the text, Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PEMBOK Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management, Institute, Inc 2013" "The definitions in this blog post are taken from the Glossarey of the Project Management Institue, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK Guide) - Fifthe Edition, Project Management Institue, Inc. 2013" "PMI, PMP, PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institue, Inc"