Direct and Manage Project Work
Direct and Manage Project Execution
- The process of performing the work defined in the project management plan to achieve the project’s objectives.
- The majority of project time is spent in doing the work.
- Focus is in producing deliverables
- A deliverable is any unique and verifiable product, result, or capability to perform a service that must be produced to complete a process, phase, or project.
- Project Management Plan
- Approved Change Requests
Tools and Techniques
- expert judgement
- Judgement provided based upon expertise in an application area, knowledge area, discipline, industry, etc., as appropriate for the activity being performed. Such expertise may be provided by any group or person with specialized education, knowledge, skill, experience, or training.
- Project Management Information System (PMIS)
- An information system consisting of the tools and techniques used to gather, integrate, and disseminate the outputs of project management process. It is used to support all aspects of the project from initiating through closing and can include both manual and automated system.
- Work Performance Information
- The performance data collected from various controlling processes analyzed in context and integrated based on relationships across areas.
"Material in this blog post are based on the text, Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PEMBOK Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management, Institute, Inc 2013" "The definitions in this blog post are taken from the Glossarey of the Project Management Institue, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK Guide) - Fifthe Edition, Project Management Institue, Inc. 2013" "PMI, PMP, PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institue, Inc"