Close Project or Phase
- The process of finalizing all activities across all of the project management process groups to formally complete a project or phase.
The close process is done:
- at the end of each project phase
- at the end of each project
- if the project is terminated, in which case, the process is to document the reasons for the project’s being terminated before completion.
- accepted deliverables
- Products, results, or capabilities products by a project and validated by the project customer or sponsors as meeting their specified acceptance criteria
- Organizational process assets
- project files
- project or phase closure documents
- lessons learned