Perform Quality Assurance
- The process of auditing the quality requirements and the results from quality control measurements to ensure that appropriate quality standards and operational definitions are used.
- Quality Management Plan
- Quality Metrics
- Quality Control Measurements
Tools and Techniques
- Quality Audits
- Structured, independent reviews to determine whether project activities comply with organizational and project policies, processes, and procedures.
- Quality Audits can confirm the implementation of approved change requests including corrective actions, defect repairs, and preventative actions.
- Process Analysis
- Follows the steps outlined in the process improvement plan to identify needed improvements. Also, examines problems experienced, constraints experienced, and no-value-added activities identified during process operation.
- Includes root cause analysis. Root Cause analysis is a specific technique to identify a problem, discover the underlying caused that lead to it, and develop preventative actions.
- Organizational Process Asset Updates
- Project Management Plan Updated
- Change Requests
In the next post, we will examine the 3rd process in Project Quality Management, Control Quality.
"Material in this blog post are based on the text, Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PEMBOK Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management, Institute, Inc 2013" "The definitions in this blog post are taken from the Glossarey of the Project Management Institue, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK Guide) - Fifthe Edition, Project Management Institue, Inc. 2013" "PMI, PMP, PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institue, Inc"